NAST Race Dates at Shakespeare County Raceway 2015.
May 2nd/4th Springspeed Nationals – UK National/Club Championship
May 23rd/25th Public Track Weekend & Yanks Weekend – Club Championship
July 18th/19th Public Track Weekend – Club Championship
August 29th/31st Open Sport Nationals – UK National/Club Championship
September 26th/27th Public Track Weekend – Club Championship.
Entry Fees for the additional ACU Permits for 2015 will be set at £80.00 for 3 tickets (1 rider plus 2 crew). We anticipate the Entry Fee for the two UK National Championship rounds in May & August will remain at £135.00 but this is subject to official confirmation at the 2015 Riders & Drivers Meeting.
All five rounds at SCR will count for the NAST championship but the club is in talks with Santa Pod Raceway in an effort to get two further NAST events at that venue.
Summary of 2014 NAST AGM for 8th November 2014
It was great to see many members – past, present and new.
The Election of Officers was as follows:
- Chair – Bev Batsford
- Vice Chair – Cary Wadey was voted in
- Treasurer – Yvonne Mott
- Secretary – Yvonne Mott
- Merchandise – Vacancy
- Technical Officer – Nigel Batsford
- Riders reps. ET – Peter Harrison, Gas – Robbie Dobbie
Presentations for this year’s prize-winners was made by Bev Batsford.
- Top Gas Winner – Joe Elliott
- Top Gas Runner-up – Robbie Dobbie
- ET. Winner – Kieran Govender
- ET. Runner-up – Peter Harrison
- Rookie – Fiona Moor
- Best Improver – Kieran Govender
- Services to N.A.S.T. – Dave Smart
- Mint Award as voted by members of N.A.S.T. – Terry Green
- Best Supporting Crew Award as voted by members of N.A.S.T. – Peter Harrison.
- FUBAR Award – Terry Green (a new award donated by Nigel Batsford for mechanical hardship).
Kieran was unable to attend as he had just become a father, congratulations (mother Emma and baby May are doing well) so Cary collected his haul of trophies on his behalf.